Eat a proper, balanced diet, get plenty of sleep and exercise and all will be well.
That's harder than it sounds, isn't it? Ideally, it's best to receive our nutrients from our diet, it can prove to be difficult to do.
Fad diets, self-imposed food restrictions, and time constraints all factor into our not eating properly. Using vitamin supplements can greatly boost the nutrients you are lacking and give your body and mind the balance it needs.
Here's a list of signs you might want to start looking for.
1. Tired or a lack of Energy: If you are feeling like you are always moving at half speed, dozing off at work or while you are feeding the baby, you are likely low in protein.
Vitamin B12 can help boost your fatigue and it is great for those who follow a vegetarian diet.
2. Depressed or Feeling Blue: This can happen for a myriad of reasons, but if you feel it's just a lack of certain nutrients, you can try vitamin supplements.
Try fish oil supplements and B complex vitamins.
3. Dry, brittle hair and nails: This can include hair loss, too. This can happen as we age, spend too much time in the sun or over-work them with products. It could be a sign you need a bit of a boost in your diet, as well.
There are a few that can help, B complex, B3, zinc, Fish Oil, vitamin C, D, and iron.
4. You are sick a lot: This can be more serious than just a nutritional imbalance, but proper diet and vitamin supplements can help. If you find you are susceptible to common colds and the flu, you could be lacking in some important mineral.
Try Vitamin C, zinc and echinacea.
5. Odd food cravings: This is usually a really good indication your body is trying to talk to you. This can be particularly true for women.
Try magnesium, B complex or B12, or zinc.
6. Can't sleep or can't wake up: Tossing and turning or just the inability to get out of bed can not only be annoying, it can mess up your entire day and affect your mood.
Vitamins D and E, B complex vitamins, melatonin, calcium, magnesium, and iron can all help you in the sleep department.
7. Crabby, cranky and stressed: We have enough stress in our lives, do we really need it from our food, as well. If you find yourself stressed or just moody, you might need some vitamin supplements to make you happier.
Trying omega-3 fatty acids, B6, B12, Vitamin D, and magnesium can help you smile and relax.
8. Muscle pain and repair: Whether you have a strain, leg cramps or you feel it's just a part of aging, you may be lacking important nutrients for healing and growing muscles.
Zinc, vitamins B6, C, E, niacin, and magnesium can all help you with those issues. Leg cramps in women may need more B1, magnesium, and calcium.
9. Skin: Skin responds best to proper nutrition and has a lot of 'tells' when it isn't getting them. Blotches, miscoloring, and other blemishes can be caused by poor diet.
Vitamins C, D, K, B3, and B5 can all help give you back your rosy glow and clear your skin.
10. If you are a smoker: Honestly, with what we know, it's a wonder that anyone smokes any more. It's one of the worst things you can do for your overall health.
Try vitamins C, E, and Calcium, and follow the supplements mentioned for the skin.
There are so many ways to get supplements and so many places to find them. Check out our site for some great resources. Get more information about your diet and make sure you visit your health professional regularly.